- Club Info
- Club Information
- Board & Staff Listing
- Soccer News
- Club Achievements
- History of Achievements
- RHSC Memorial Scholarship
- Job Opportunites
- Risk Management
- Annual General Meeting
- Player Well Being
- Club Podcast
Code of Conduct
It is the expectation of the Richmond Hill Soccer Club that everyone affiliated with the Club will conduct themselves in a manner which allows:
- all Players the opportunity to reach their full potential; and
- all Participants enjoy the game in a safe and healthy environment.
This Code of Conduct provides the principles by which everyone associated with the Club must comply.
Failure to comply may result in disciplinary action that could result in the termination of membership.
Parents and other Spectators who fail to comply with this Code of Conduct may also face disciplinary action.
Players, Team Staff and Parents on Competitive Teams must sign the Code of Conduct Acceptance
Form as a part of the Outdoor Registration procedures.
1. Abusive behaviour or communication is not acceptable.
2. The use of profanity is not acceptable.
3. Do not smoke near playing or Spectator areas.
4. Respect parks and playing areas by ensuring that they are left clean.
5. Respect parking and municipal by-laws.
6. The use of alcohol or other controlled substances in all parks and facilities is prohibited.
1. Treat opponents, team mates, Team Officials, Game Officials and Spectators with respect.
2. Play by the rules and in the spirit of the game.
3. Abide by the rules of the Club, Leagues and related Associations.
4. Fighting or the use of foul or abusive language is not acceptable.
5. Play with team spirit – win or lose.
1. Set a good example of Fair Play and show appropriate character throughout the season.
2. Treat opponents, team members, other Team Officials, Game Officials and Spectators with
3. Communicate with Players in a positive manner.
4. Abide by the rules of the Club, Leagues and related Associations.
5. Work with the Game Officials for the benefit of the game.
6. Teach players to play fairly and to respect the rules, Game Officials and opponents.
7. Communicate information to parents and Players so they are aware of schedules, practices and
any changes that may arise through the season.
8. Ensure that all players of House League teams receive fair playing time.
9. All Team Officials shall conduct themselves responsibly while in the presence of youth players
mindful of the positive example that they are expected to set. In particular, and without
restricting the generality of the rule, no Team Official shall offer to or encourage the use of
alcohol, non-prescription drugs or tobacco products to any youth player at any time.
1. Officiate in a fair, non-partisan and unbiased manner.
2. Abide by the rules of the Club, Leagues and related Associations.
3. Be respectful when addressing Players, Coaches and Spectators.
4. Make every reasonable effort to keep game commitments. If unable to keep a commitment,
provide the referee assignor with reasonable notice so a replacement can be found.
5. Arrive with sufficient time prior to a game to check the playing area for safety issues.
Parents and Spectators
1. By registering your child with the Club, parents are also members and subject to the rules and
regulations of the Club and its governing bodies.
2. Do not give instruction to the players on the field; that is the role of the Coach and Team
3. Never question the Game Official’s judgement, integrity or honesty.
4. Support all efforts to eliminate verbal and physical abuse from the game of soccer.
5. Show respect for the Players, opponents, Coaches, Game Officials and other Spectators.
6. Realize that the team can be penalized for your behaviour. Obey the request by a Game Official
or a Coach to leave the vicinity of a field.
7. Do not step onto the field during the game.
8. If any issue arises, Parents and Spectators should wait 24 hours before approaching Team