- Club Info
- Return To Play
- Club Information
- Board & Staff Listing
- Soccer News
- Club Achievements
- History of Achievements
- Annual General Meeting
- Job & Volunteer Opportunites
- Risk Management
As Richmond Hill Raiders we see Green on the field everyday with our team colours….so why not add more green to our diets! Try doing this by incorporating kale into meals. Kale is an extremely healthy vegetable that is sure to give you super power on the field. It is jam packed with Vitamin K, A and C, and is high in iron and fiber. Kale, which is a good source of calcium, also has antioxidants and can even help lower cholesterol….and with all that goodness it’s low calorie and zero fat!
Add some Green to your plate! Try throwing Kale in a smoothie, or sauté as a side dish. For something a little different, try these recipes below:
- 4 cup Chopped Kale
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1-2 tbsp fennel seeds
- ¼ cup crumbled light feta cheese
- Pinch of nutmeg
Mix all ingredients together. This is a salad that you can adjust the ingredients as you like. Packs well for lunch, is great as a side salad, and is a nice alternative to an everyday tossed green salad.
- Preheat an oven to 350°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- With a knife or fingers remove the leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite size pieces. Wash and thoroughly dry kale with a salad spinner.
- Drizzle kale with olive oil and sprinkle with:
- Garlic and Onion Powder
- Bake until the edges brown but are not burnt, about 15 minutes, but keep an eye on them!