- Club Info
- Return To Play
- Club Information
- Board & Staff Listing
- Soccer News
- Club Achievements
- History of Achievements
- Annual General Meeting
- Job & Volunteer Opportunites
- Risk Management
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
A medium sweet potato has twice the Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) of vitamin A and about 1/3 the RDA of vitamin C for an adult. They’re also an excellent source of fiber and beta-carotene, and their sweetness even helps curb cravings! Consuming a diet rich in beta-carotene may help to lower your risk for certain kinds of cancer.
Roasted sweet potatoes are a great side dish to a meal, or try them a snack instead of reaching for fries. Enjoy delicious sweet potatoes with this quick and easy recipe!
- 2 sweet potatoes - Chili powder
- Olive oil - Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cut 2 sweet potatoes into wedges – can choose to leave skins on or peel them off (remember: there are lots of nutrients in the skin!)
3. Toss together sweet potatoes with chili powder, paprika, olive oil and salt. Arrange wedges on a baking sheet.
4. Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden and tender.
For an alternative sweet potato recipe, check out this recipe by Coach Kaelyn’s favorite…Jamie Oliver: